Serving the communities of Kitslano, Point Grey and UBC . Jericho offers Little League Baseball to boys and girls ages 3 – 12 in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our Season will run from Monday April 3rd to Saturday June 16th, 2017.
Registration Update – You may still register by sending an email to email@example.com. Please send in your child’s’ name, grade, school and which division you wish to register in. There are positions available on selected teams in most divisions – however there is a wait list for Majors A, B, & C.
Volunteers Needed – Jericho Baseball is looking for Volunteers for the coming 2017 Season, for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Umpire Training – for new umpires will take place on Sunday, April 23 from 9:00 am – 11:00 am at Carnarvon Park. ***Please note the time has changed to avoid conflicts with Majors A games.
Jericho Little League is much more than bats and balls. It is a leadership training program that instills in youth, during their most impressionable years, the virtues of character, courage and loyalty. Our Little League program teaches children the rewards of teamwork, a respect for authority and the self-discipline that will enable the youth of today to become the leaders of tomorrow.
Top 10 Pieces of Advice for Baseball Parents
If you are the parent of a young baseball player, it’s easy to let the hectic nature of a season get in the way of the big picture. Below are the top 10 tips for parents to follow for each ballgame:
- Celebrate your child’s effort and sportsmanship, above results such as winning and losing.
- Do not coach from the stands.
- Never yell at the ump.
- Never yell at the other team or their coaches.
- Stay away from the dugouts during the game.
- The umpire is human and will make mistakes.
- Cheer positively.
- Root for the whole team, not just your son or daughter.
- HAVE FUN!
- Your child’s success or lack of success in sports does not indicate what kind of parent you are. But having an athlete that is coachable, respectful, a great teammate, mentally tough, resilient and tries their best IS a direct reflection of your parenting.
Read the original post on the Season.