Serving the communities of Kitslano, Point Grey and UBC . Jericho offers Little League Baseball to boys and girls ages 3 – 12 in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our 2018 Season will run from Tuesday April 3rd to Saturday June 16th, 2018.
Jericho Little League Annual General Meeting is on Sunday November 19th
The meeting will take place on Sunday November 19th at the Jericho Garrison, 4050 West 4th Avenue in Vancouver. The reception will start at 6:30pm with the AGM beginning at 7pm – All parents are welcomed and encouraged to come out.
Registration for the 2018 Season opens December 1st 2017 and closes January 31st 2018th.
Championship Day Awards – Kai Tukker wins the Addison Cup and Max Langley wins the Gerry Kitson Award.
Volunteers Needed – Jericho Baseball is looking for Volunteers the 2017 Season, for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jericho Fun Day results:
Jericho Little League is much more than bats and balls. It is a leadership training program that instills in youth, during their most impressionable years, the virtues of character, courage and loyalty. Our Little League program teaches children the rewards of teamwork, a respect for authority and the self-discipline that will enable the youth of today to become the leaders of tomorrow.
Top 10 Pieces of Advice for Baseball Parents
If you are the parent of a young baseball player, it’s easy to let the hectic nature of a season get in the way of the big picture. Below are the top 10 tips for parents to follow for each ballgame:
- Celebrate your child’s effort and sportsmanship, above results such as winning and losing.
- Do not coach from the stands.
- Never yell at the ump.
- Never yell at the other team or their coaches.
- Stay away from the dugouts during the game.
- The umpire is human and will make mistakes.
- Cheer positively.
- Root for the whole team, not just your son or daughter.
- HAVE FUN!
- Your child’s success or lack of success in sports does not indicate what kind of parent you are. But having an athlete that is coachable, respectful, a great teammate, mentally tough, resilient and tries their best IS a direct reflection of your parenting.
Read the original post on the Season.