Registration for the 2017 season will open on December 1, 2016.
Jericho offers Little League Baseball to children age 3 – 12 in Vancouver, BC.
Practices will begin for Majors, Minors and Mini-Minors after the 2017 Public School Spring Break on March 27th. TBall/BlastBall will start on Saturday April 1st. The season ends with Championship Day at Canarvon Park on June 17, 2016
Please read below for divisions and fee information before registering.
If you have questions please email email@example.com
You must register your own children in our online registration system. YOU MAY NOT REGISTER A “FRIEND” OF THE FAMILY OR A TEAMMATE. Due to the legal waiver required in the registration form, only Parents or Guardians may register their children with Jericho Baseball.
If you need help with our online registration system, send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and question and we will get back to you right away. If English is not your first language, we can most likely put you in touch with someone who can help you with our registration form in your native language.
Little League Canada requires that your child registers for the league within which your home address or your child’s school lies. Please check the map on our boundaries page to see if your home address or your child’s school falls within Jericho’s boundaries.
• Majors – For children born between May 1, 2004 to December 31, 2008. Children born between January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2008 may try out for Majors Ball (player pitch/hard ball) or may continue to play in the Minors Division see below. Players will be placed into divisions based on their age and skill level, determined primarily on being assessed on Sunday February 19th, 2017. Based on the assessment, Majors will be split into 3 divisions of Majors A, B & C. Majors A & B will have two to three games a week played on weekends (Saturday’s and some Sunday’s) and weekday evenings and one or two practices a week. Majors C is a combination of player/coach pitch and will play one game on the weekend and the occasional mid-week game with one or two practices. Optional skill training sessions to be confirmed . All children must attend a skill assessment on February 19, 2017 from 12 -4pm at the UBC Baseball Facility. Locations: Carnarvon Park, Jericho Park Hostel & Nobel Park (UBC)
• Minors – For children born between January 1st 2008 and December 31st 2009. Games on Saturdays and some Sunday’s at various times and is machine pitch. One practice per week which will be determined by the team prior to the start of the season. Optional Skill Training Sessions (to be confirmed). Location: Trimble Park & Carnarvon Park.
• Mini-Minors – For children in Grade 1 or born between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010. Games on Saturdays at various times (combination of machine pitch and hitting from tee). One practice per week determined by the team prior to the start of the season. Optional Skill Training Sessions (to be confirmed) Location: Trimble Park and Carnarvon Park.
• T-Ball – For children in Kindergarten or born between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011. Saturday morning sessions will focus on a series of skill development stations and games later on in the year. Hitting from a Tee with parent participation in support of the professional and volunteer coaches at the skills stations. One practice per week determined by the team prior to the start of the season. Location: Trimble Park and Carnarvon Park.
• Blastball – For children in Preschool or age 3 – 5 (not in Kindergarten). Saturday morning sessions will focus on a series of skill development stations, and some games later in the year. Hitting from a Tee with parent participation in support of the professional and volunteer coaches at the skills stations. No practices. Location: Carnarvon Park.
Note: All divisions are “co-ed” with boys and girls playing together in teams. Children must register in their assigned divisions according to their birthdate.
For children 13 and older who have “graduated” from Jericho Little League, take a look at the programs offered by Vancouver Community Baseball at http://www.vancouvercommunitybaseball.com/.
Player Assessment (Majors) • Sunday February 19th, 2017 • University Baseball Facility • Noon to 4pm • Attendance is mandatory as to ensure your child is placed in the appropriate level within Jericho Baseball and is used to balance teams. The assessment is drop-in and will take 30 minutes.
2015 Regular Season Division Fees
• $180.00 – Majors
• $155.00 – Minors
• $130.00 – Mini-Minors
• $100.00 – Tee Ball
• $ 80.00 – Blastball
Full payment is due at the time of registration. Payment must be made by credit card.
2016 Winter Training Fees
• $80 – Is available for those players enrolled in Majors or Minors.
Majors and Minors can choose to add an optional Winter Training program to get an early start to the season. Winter Training will be run on Saturday evenings at the West Point Grey Community Centre Gym located at 4397 West 2nd Avenue from 5 – 8pm. Training will start Jan. 7 and run through March 4th (No training on the Family Day Weekend). Younger children (Grade 2/3 from 5:00pm – 6:15pm and the older children (Grade 4 and higher from 6:30pm-8:00pm.
2017 Post-Season All-Star Team Fees
• $200.00 – All-Star Team Fee
In boundary players age 9 – 12 may try-out for post-season tournament play as part of a Jericho Little League All-Star Team. An additional fee of $100 will be charged per player to partially cover the costs of these tournaments. The assessment of post-season fees will be made after selecting the all-star team players in mid-June.
2017 Select Team Fees
• $30 – $50 per a player.
2017 Summer Ball
Depending on player interest and volunteer availability, we will extend the season into summer for our Majors and Minors players. Summer sessions start in July on Wednesday nights and games are played on a drop-in basis.
• $25.00 – Late Fee
Attempting to register after the deadline puts an extra burden on the volunteers who are trying to form teams. Any late registrations will incur a $25 late fee in addition to the normal fees and deposits which must be paid in advance. After teams are formed, your registration will only be accepted if a roster spot becomes available due to another player dropping out.
• $125.00 – Volunteer Deposit
EVERYONE will be charged $125.00 volunteer deposit at the time of registration. Jericho Baseball is a volunteer run organization. Parent participation is vital to ensuring that our baseball program is successful and registration fees are kept reasonable.
Please note that in the Majors division that each parent has a “team responsibility” that will include scorekeeping, groundskeeping and working in the “Carnarvon Park concession” – this does not count towards your league volunteer deposit and thus is a separate obligation.
There are many ways to get involved at Jericho Baseball. You can sign up for a volunteer position at the time of registration or later through our website. Individuals who sign up for a volunteer position and fulfill their volunteer duty will have the deposit refunded directly back to their credit card. For more details, see our volunteer page.
Children’s Fitness Tax Credit
Our baseball league registration fees are eligible for the Canadian Revenue Agency’s Children’s Fitness Tax Credit. Receipts for 2016 participants will be emailed on January 3, 2017 for use with your 2016 taxes. For more information, contact email@example.com
Parents are required to be at the field supervising their children during all practice and game times. For liability reasons, our volunteer coaches can not accept parental responsibility for your children. Our coaches are focussed on providing structured practice drills to improve players’ baseball skills. They are not running a baby-sitting service. If a parent must leave the field for any reason, they must assign supervision of their child to a trusted friend – NOT the coaches.
Since you have to be at the field at all times anyway, you might as well help out! Bring your glove, chase down some balls, organize lines for drills, tie shoes, etc. Fields need to be prepared for play before and after games and practices, scores kept, or concessions cooked. There is no shortage of things to do. It’s fun!
All parents are required to help out at practices and games and these normal duties do not count toward your volunteer responsibility for the purposes of receiving a refund of your volunteer deposit.
• There is a $25.00 non-refundable fee for all withdrawals to cover our registration and credit card transaction costs.
• Division fees and deposits will be refunded (less the non-refundable fee) for individuals who withdraw before teams are formed for their division.
• Refunds for medical reasons will be pro-rated (less the non-refundable fee) based on when the illness/injury occurred within the season. A medical note will be required.
• Wait list registration fees will be refunded (less the $25 late fee) on May 1 if no spot became available and the player could not be placed on a team.
• There are NO REFUNDS for any other reason once teams are formed.
Jericho Baseball offers a limited number of discounts to promote Little League baseball in our community.
• Large Family Discount: If you have 3 or more children registered for the same season with Jericho Baseball, your registration fees will be limited to a maximum of $360. The limit applies to the registration fees only and does not include the volunteer deposits or other fees (winter training, all-star, etc.)
You will be asked to “agree” to the following waiver during registration. Please read it now so you have time to consider it.
IN CONSIDERATION of our acceptance of your child’s application to play baseball with the Jericho Little League Baseball Association (“JBA”), JBA’s agreement to allow your child to play baseball with JBA, the amount of $1.00 paid to you by JBA and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency whereof are hereby acknowledged, I on my own behalf and on behalf of my child, hereby discharge JBA and its officers, employees, servants, and agents, including all volunteers who may assist JBA from time to time, of and from all actions, causes of actions, claims demands and liabilities of every nature or kind whether arising at common law or in equity, by contract, by tort or under any statute or otherwise in any way related to or connected with any personal injury or injuries which my child may suffer as a result of his or her playing baseball with JBA. This waiver shall inure to the benefit of JBA’s successors and assigns. This waiver shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, including all federal laws of Canada applicable therein. I have read over and fully understand all the terms and conditions of this waiver. I was given sufficient time to review the terms of this waiver and to seek independent legal advice before executing this document.